Saturday, October 27, 2007

New NOKIA N82

Maybe it was surprise for you to see an article with a subject like this on a blog dedicated to Sony Ericsson, but please give me a moment and I will explain everything.

A Couple days ago, I wrote a post about clones of the Sony Ericsson's devices. Article was about CECT - a well-known Chinese device cloning company. Oh, did I say company? I mean a bureau. As we know it is a little bureau with rich cloning experience, but what about other and bigger companies? Did I say bigger? What about a GIANT company, which owns the largest market share and is a direct competitor of Sony Ericsson??? Yep, I mean NOKIA...

A while ago information about NOKIA's new device Nokia N82 appeared in the Internet. Leaked pictures of the phone have followed quickly. The features of the device are really impressive: 5 MP camera with Carl Zeiss lens, auto-focus, up to 20 x digital zoom, Xenon flash, quad band GSM, UMTS and HSDPA connectivity, Symbian based, e.t.c.

But what about the design of the device? Can't you catch a similarity? When I’m looking at the pictures of the device, what first comes to my mind is Sony Ericsson K550i. Don't you agree? They have cloned the housing of the device from K550. I can’t even understand CECT when they are cloning devices, but NOKIA? Shame on NOKIA, shame on …

But that’s not all! Of course meantime CECT didn't stay behind and has cloned the design of Nokia N82, which isn't even released yet. So, CECT has cloned a phone, which Nokia has cloned from Sony Ericsson K550i :D


No comments:

Post a Comment